Bernd

In her defense, according to news coverage (we get the Portland
stations)
she was using a hands free device, but was driving in rainy
conditions. The
crash was apparently caused by sliding, not inattention.

That's what happens when you believe those commercials that says these
things will just about drive themseleves in any kind of weather and how
save they are.

What surprises
me is how easily the SUV took out the guard rail.

Well, what 2 tons maybe, will take out quite a few items. So big isn't
better all the time. Had she been driving a smaller vehicle the guard
rail might have held her from going into the river.

No, I don't approve of talking on the phone while one drives, with our
without hands. No need to comment.

I don't either, but think back to the days when many had CB radios. One
hand on the wheel the other held the mike. Truckers still use them
today. Haven't heard of anyone having an accident using a CB radio.

Bernd