Default OT anyone work on Mahindra tractor?

My dad has one about 4 years old that has developed an intermittant
starting problem. WHen turning the key I can fell something in the
solinoid moving but it is like something is not engaging. Sometimes I
can move the solinouid by hand while turnign the kep and I can get it
to start. I had dad buy a new solinoid. It also came with a "cup" the
has a spring on the end that sticks out of the starter that the
solinoid goes against.

What I cant figure out is how the old one comes out. Does it sound like
this could be our problem?

Any advice is appreciated!