HeatMan

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
. ..
Blue, red, breen, brown, whatever.
They go for unpainted wood.

I built an outbuilding several years ago and never got around to it. No
carpenter bees. Finally got around to cleaning it, priming it, and painting
it. Must have gotten about 6 carpenter bees in a certain 10 foot section.
They never went for the wood until it was painted.

Same thing happened to some facsia boards on my house.

"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..

"Rescate" wrote in message
news:1111980016.b210a85aa63ef8357871f7b12c3e3d03@b ubbanews...
Rescate wrote in
news:1111978663.b299522aa4510d41e1ff3e77acc46023@b ubbanews:

"Senin" wrote in
oups.com:

Every springtime I notice a few bees buzzing around my back yard. I
notice that they nest in the outside rafters. I have hosed them down
before to get rid of them. I don't know what kind they are. I

thought
they were yellowjackets. I bought yellowjacket traps and it did
nothing..... until I changed the bait to tuna, then I caught a load

of
them. The next year I baited with tuna.... and I caught nothing.
Doesn't make sense.

During the winter naturally there is not problem. We had a false
spring, a few hot days, and they were back in style. Now its

raining
again and they aren't in sight. I am hoping to deal with them early
this year, since i know that they are coming.

Any suggestions in how to deal with them? Or somewhere where I can
tell what I have (bees, yellowjackets)?

Do you ever see any sawdust below where they get in or around the

area?
They could be Carpenter Bees.

I found a good photo of a carpenter bee. If you have those kind, the

large
males will hover around the entrance hole and act menacing. They

can't
do
anything because they don't have stingers. But they are huge bees and

look
scary.
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/no...n/carp-bee.htm

This is Turtle.

I read the artical and it was very good explaining it but the left out

one
thing. The Old timer in South Louisiana when they get taken over by

Carperter
bees and used as a last resort. They paint the area Blue and the

carpenter
bees
will just leave. Now this is used as the last resort with the carpenter

bees.

TURTLE