[news]

Paul Hutchings wrote:
Seems these can be had for anything from £30 upwards these days.

Are the cheaper ones worth having?

Main uses would be the "usual suspects" like the car, shed,
patio/paving, brickwork, UPVC windows etc..

Usually I think Pressure Washers I think Karcher? Also are there any
special requirements other than a mains socket and a hose from the
outside tap?

Any tips on any good deals would be appreciated.

cheers,
Paul

aldi have a special coming up:

31st March, 2005
Pressure Washer 2100W
£ 79.99

a.. Produced by Kärcher exclusively for Powercraft

(whooda thunkitt a major brand name making cheapo products for a discounter)

b.. 2.1kW long-life induction motor
c.. 450 litre/hour water flow
d.. 130 bar pressure
e.. Spray gun with 6m high hose
f.. Spray lance with variable high/low pressure regulator and dirt-blaster for 30% more cleaning
power
g.. Soft-bristle, water power rotary wash brush
h.. Integrated detergent tank (comes with 0.5 litre concentrated detergent) for instant feed
i.. Garden hose coupling
j.. Automatic stop/start spray gun trigger feature
k.. Automatic detergent suction (when rotary spray or spray lance on low pressure setting)
l.. Full instructions provided.

of course, because it hasn't got the Kärcher badge and costs less than a Kärcher
it's going to be complete rubbish which will, within days, have someones eye out

RT