Andy Hall

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:27:04 GMT, "al"
wrote:

"basil" wrote in message
.. .
Looking at the screwfix ones I cant make out how they attach.

the one at the bottom of this page looks like the Wickes ones I have;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...ves/d20/sd2762

Speaking of which, I want to get Thermostatic Valves for the upstairs
bedrooms, as they get hot a lot quicker than the ambient temperature
downstairs where the main thermostat is. Any recommendations on good,
reliable makes? I've heard a few stories about some of them getting stuck
on/off and doing buggar all after a while ...

I've always used Invensys/Drayton TRV4s and had good results. In
general, I think that you could expect good behaviour from any of the
branded products like Honeywell or Pegler.

It's generally reckoned that the heads have a life of about 7 years.
I've never had less than about 12 from a TRV4 so am pretty happy with
them.

It is important in any case to have a clean system, so while you are
doing replacements, it is worth giving the system a thorough flushing
and filling with corrosion inhibitor.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl