Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , wmbjk says...

He can eliminate any possibility that the main meter is a problem by
running a known load and checking the reading. He's claiming modest
use in the face of $300 bills though, so if the meter were the
problem, it would have to be out by a factor of about 4.

Checking the meter's action is the very first step I would think.
As you say this means a known load (I would use incandescent lights
or a heater) and a watch.

At the same time I would switch off all the loads and check to
see that the thing stops moving.

From what I see of the rate stucture though, it *seemed* like
there was a minimum monthly charge, even if his main breaker
were pulled for the entire month. Ie, you pay a hundred
bucks just to have the wires and meter *there* even if no
current flows though them.

Jim

That's the type structure we have here in Western Washington where we

live.
Beyond the service fee we pay .044 cents per kwh for power. I realize
what a bargain we are getting, but Shrub is doing his best to take it away
from us.

Harold

I think what I mean is we pay 4.4 cents per kwh. The .044 sounds good, but
that would be a little on the cheap side. Believe it or not, until the
power shortage of a couple years ago, our rate was only 3.3 cents per kwh.
We're a publicly owned utility.

Harold