Lar

In article .com,
says...
Every springtime I notice a few bees buzzing around my back yard. I
notice that they nest in the outside rafters. I have hosed them down
before to get rid of them. I don't know what kind they are. I thought
they were yellowjackets. I bought yellowjacket traps and it did
nothing..... until I changed the bait to tuna, then I caught a load of
them. The next year I baited with tuna.... and I caught nothing.
Doesn't make sense.

With your Yellow Jacket traps, in early to late Summer they feed on meat
rather than liquid sweets, so you had luck changing to tuna fish. The
next year you may of placed the traps later in the season when they had
changed their diets to sweets. If it is the inverted umbrella type
nests it is paper wasps
http://www.arrow-pestcontrol.com/paperwasp.JPG ,
which usually is of no concern. Others that might build around the
rafters would be carpenter bees that drill a nest in the wood or it
could be yellow jackets, paper wasps or honey bees, building nests in
the wall voids. You can see different pictures here...
http://www.ipconetwork.org/pests/bscview.mv
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS