Senin

Default Bees in the outside rafters

Every springtime I notice a few bees buzzing around my back yard. I
notice that they nest in the outside rafters. I have hosed them down
before to get rid of them. I don't know what kind they are. I thought
they were yellowjackets. I bought yellowjacket traps and it did
nothing..... until I changed the bait to tuna, then I caught a load of
them. The next year I baited with tuna.... and I caught nothing.
Doesn't make sense.

During the winter naturally there is not problem. We had a false
spring, a few hot days, and they were back in style. Now its raining
again and they aren't in sight. I am hoping to deal with them early
this year, since i know that they are coming.

Any suggestions in how to deal with them? Or somewhere where I can
tell what I have (bees, yellowjackets)?