tank

well guys I have been in the RC Racing circuit for about 6 years now
and probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 in batteries
and I have two chargers @ approximately 650 a piece. and when NiCD's
are used they are only run once per day then discharged and put away
with a resistor keeping them completely dead 0.0 volts on the other
hand if we run NiMh batteries then you can run them about 3-4 times
per day and you NEVER discharge them completely (this can damage NiMh
and LiON Cells) always store them with about 1.0-1.1 volts/cell or
about 40-50% charge. well this is what most RC racers do for optimum
cell performance. hope it helps.
also reviving the cells with a high voltage for a short amount of
time is common practice in RC called ZAPPING and they sell devices
made for this. it is a high voltage spike (12 - 90 Volts DC) which
lowers in internal cell resistance and increases capacity and cell
voltage. this may or may not seem relevant but we run 3.6 A/hr packs
and torture these things draining them in under 5 minutes 80 amp
discharge rates. and this is what keeps them going.
sorry for the long post

(P.S whenever my dewalt packs start losing performance I drain the
battery completely and cycle it using one of my RC chargers works
great)