Ron Kolakowski

Hi Dan,

No problems whatsoever with the lathe. I've turned quite a few pieces on it,
including some fairly large ones, and been very satisfied. Before purchase I
did consider the 2 HP version (I'm fortunate enough to have multiple 220V
circuits in my shop). After talking to a friend who has had the 1 1/2 hp
version for some time now, I decided to go with it to save some $. Haven't
been at all disappointed.

As far as moving the headstock assembly goes, I was able to move it by
myself, with moderate effort. I'm 60 years old, weigh in at about 185 lbs,
and while I work out regularly, I'm far from a body building poster child,
so I would imagine you and your son should be able to handle it ok. You
might want to consider a hand truck or something similar to manage the
stairs, but mainly because of the awkward shape, rather than the weight.

Good luck with your purchase, and happy turning!

Ron