Edwin Pawlowski

"Bill DeWitt" wrote in message

Basement, with fair access to pipes.

That makes life much easier.

No, the kitchen is a mess, I -have- to replace the cabinets before we
can move in. The sink is between two smallish windows, and the stove is
unpleasantly shoved into a corner (you wouldn't believe it, you have to
manhandle the stove out of it's corner to open the oven).

OW, that sound terrible. Make the two small windows into one large one? If
that is possible, you won't be sorry for the extra light.

To bring the stove
out to where it can be used (and the gas company will be willing to hook
it
up), the sink has to be moved somewhere. So it is either way down the
line,
turning the kitchen into an inefficient galley, or bring out the sink.

My last house had a galley kitchen. I sure miss all 22 feet of counter
space th at wek had and lots of cabinets.

My dishwasher is playing with legos in the other room 8-)

Can I post small images here? If not I have a yahoo photo page
somewhere...

This is a text based newsgroup so the yahoo page would be better. Given the
time and money crunch, do what you have to do to make is usable, but plan on
a good overhaul down the road. It will be well worth the effort. They have
dishwashers now that are mechanical and don't demand nearly the same
treatment as the one you have presently. Cheaper in the long run.