PaulJ

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:09:15 GMT, Joey Bob wrote:

i have a lennox plus furnace i gotted used. i put it in my basement at
my house. hooooey was that a choar. heavy. one of the hard parts was
getting the rite size stove pipe for it. but that ol muellar i had
wasn't working too good so i decided i would repace it. the plus works
pretty good ceptin sometimes it makes that rattlin sound then stops. i
found that blue box in there and taped on it and it worked good for a
little while. than it would juust make that rattlin sound then stop
again. i took the box apart and found the green plate thingy had a lose
wire in it. the wire has a funny lookin glob of colord plastic on it
about 1/4 inch long and about as big as a pencel lead. can i just put
some of that jb weld stuff on it? i would think that would hold it.
heck, i had a part of my steering linkage on my truck brake and i put
some jb weld on it and it has held up fine for over 2 months. shows its
strong enuogh. i also used some on the gas pipe that was leeking a
little. my naiber says i should call one of those heating plumbers but i
think i can save a bunch of money by doing it myself. can some of you
good peeople help a frugal howeowner.

Joey

Tell your neighbor where to go. You can do it yourself and it
will be an excellent learning experience. I recommend it.

And NEVER get a permit to do anything in your own home. Only pussies
do that.