PaulJ

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:14:12 -0500, "Ross Mac"
wrote:

"Patrick" wrote in message
roups.com...
Greetings,

Help! What's wrong with this roof? We are considering buying a house
that is 6 years old. We have through Monday to make our decision. The
house is in perfect condition.. except for the roof. There are no
leaks/moisture spots in the house. There are no leaks visible in the
attic.

PROBLEM: Quite a few shingles are slightly raised. Not buckled, or
warped, just raised slightly --at random-- primarily over the west side

of the roof. One area of the roof appears wavy. Almost all the aluminum

drip caps --where they overlay the other drip caps-- are raised by 1/4
inch. The drip cap ends are raised enough to start making inverted "v"
indentations in the shingles above them.
None of the other roofs in the same neighborhood --the houses were all
built at the same time-- have the same problem. All their shigles are
flat and their drip caps are not raised.

There is a bonus room built in the attic and I am wondering if there
isn't enough ventilation.

Thanks!

Have a good roofer quote the repairs / new roof and ask the sellers to pick
up the tab by putting the money into escrow. This way you have control over
the roofing process not the seller who will be long gone as well as the
roofer if there are problems later...Good luck in your new home, Ross

My guess is that the seller will balk at "picking up the tab", as he
probably should. I'd advise the seller to add an "AS IS" clause to
the contract..

My guess also is that the OP here will NOT be buying this house.