Andrew McKay

On 27 Mar 2005 07:29:32 -0800, wrote:

When we turn on hot water tap first thing in morning, or shower, water
flows for about minute, stops or slows right down, then after few
minutes begins to flow again, but often need to turn tap/shower full on
before get hot water, then comes out at a rush. When happens with
shower the shower cable and head violently shake as water gushes out
where moments before there was a trickle. Now we find the shower is
constantly dripping. What need do...are these problems connected? Hot
water and heating through Worcester Bosch combie boiler.

My first suspect would be an airlock in the pipe or boiler somewhere.
When water flows in a glug-glug fashion (on for a bit, off for a bit)
it's often caused by an airlock where the negative pressure inside the
pipework builds up.

You might also consider whether there is a feed problem, in so far
that the pipework might deliver everything it has to offer for a
period of time, but the water in the pipework is not being replenished
as fast as it is drawn off. Could the gate valves feeding the circuit
be only partly open?

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry -
http://www.kazmax.co.uk