Seafarer

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:54:26 GMT, (Seafarer)
wrote:

I should know this but I'm not getting it at the moment,out of touch
since retirement I guess.It's my machine and,unbeknown to me my wife
decided to degrease the microwave[it had been unplugged for a week and
I was golfing} On return I swiched it on and it fired up,trying a
glass of water made it fail completely,no display nothing.I tested the
250v 10A fuse in it read ok in and out of circuit.On a hunch it may be
breaking down under load I replaced it with a 250v 6.3A fuse[I had no
10A since I sold my stock]Up came the display.I tested the grill it
worked fine so it's only the Micro.Jusat to track it I tried the micro
with the 6.3A fuse and watched it flash[well it would]Thought I'd ask
whilst I await the 10A fuses in case I've missed something.Can't be
the TX as it works with grill.If not fuse guess it may be a hv
diode.Cheers

Just as an update to this,Panasonic replied saying although they could
see I was a well qualfied microwave engineer they would not send me a
part as the whole inverter board will have to be replaced by a Pan
Service centre at enormous cost.
I have now bought a Sharp combi,half the price,twice as good and with
no inverter board.Just the plain old fashioned hv.circuit.I can fix
this with my eyes shut if necessary.Keep away from inverter boarded
microwaves like Panasonic.It's a racket.