Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Rules for Editing" /good ones

Some of you have noticed a few typos in the jokes now and then,
to improve this I am now using a new set of rules for editing.

[snipperectomy of a lot of laughs]

Strunk & White LIVE!!! But then again, it's UseNet!! A dialect all on
it's own.

If your not able to tell the their from the there, your not going to be
able to express you're thoughts. Your going to have to learn the 'how
to' to.

*shudder* Those two previous phrases hurt me more than you.

Then there is than vs then. Its vs it's and so on....

Really big words are often used to give weight to small statements.
Or, as they say in The Netherlands, loosely translated, like a flag on a
****-barge.

The biggest offense of all, in my humble opinion, is pretense.
*Haughty sniff*

Strunk & White. The Elements Of Style. (Chicago Press) My favourite
present to give away at Christmas. For such a small booklet, it sure
packs a punch. We'd all do well to read a copy and try to adhere to the
rules within. For some people it will be akin to finding a bottle of
Scope in their mailbox...but you'll learn not to over-use the
elipses...if you know what I mean.

Thanx fur the laffs, Edwin.

0¿0
˜