Prometheus

On 25 Mar 2005 10:33:02 -0800, "foggytown" wrote:

Dave Jackson wrote:
What happened? --dave

"foggytown" wrote in message
oups.com...
When you need a machine that uses electricity to make something as
sharp as a razor travel several thousand RPMs and you will be

standing
less than a foot away from it during the process . . . DON'T buy

the
house brand!

FoggyTown

Nothing in particular. I was just thinking of buying a light-weight
1/4" router for light trim, etc. and there are some really cheap ones
out there. But the thought hit me. Do I want to trust Bosch or Makita
or something imported from Thailand with a crooked label showing a
brand name of "Busy Bee" or somesuch?

Good thinking. The wife got me an el cheapo router, and it nearly
took my palm off. Now there's a nice PC 691 in it's place. OTOH,
there are some good uses for cheap tools- my dad got me a "tool shop"
(dirty words in my household) reciprocating saw last X-mas, and so far
it's worked just fine- all I use it for is roughly chopping holes in
drywall and lopping a bit off the occasional piece of angle iron or
rebar, so cheap is all I need.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam