Bill Rubenstein

For what it is worth, here is my thinking, inspired by some better
turners than I...

Regardless of how sharp your tool is, you SHOULD regrind before taking a
finishing cut on a piece. It is worth it since it will save you lots of
sanding. So, with most work, you will be grinding more often to make
that last cut than because your tool is dull. That is the case for
either M2 or ASP tools, so why pay the extra money?

Granted, you will occasionally grind an M2 tool where the ASP may
continue to be sharp enough. That will not happen very often, though.

The exception -- I use the Oneway mastercut bowl gouges and these are M4
I think. I feel no need to convert to ASP here -- these cost enough as
it is and the service I get from them is just fine.

Bill

Dave Walker wrote:
Hi all i'm just about to buy my first set of tools and wondered if anyone
could give there opinion on the ASP range of tools via the M2 range and is
the extra price worth it?.

Many Thanks
Dave