Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations....

On 25 Mar 2005 19:06:31 -0800, "robo hippy"
wrote:

I have one of the Tormek systems, and it sits unused in a dusty corner
of my shop. For the amount of turning and sharpening that I do, it
doesn't work for me. The wheel is too soft, and I spent more time
dressing the wheel than sharpening. A wheel would last me a month or
two at most. CBN (carbon boron nitride) wheels are my preference. They
are made to order, in any grit you want. I have an 80 grit for
scrapers, and a 320 grit for my gouges and skews. After a year and a
half, I have worn away about half of the 3/16 inch bond of CBN on the
wheel (8 by 1 inch wheel). At $300 per wheel, it is a bargain, not to
mention that my gouges last much longer. I don't think that the 320
grit sharpened gouge cuts me any better than a 125 grit sharpened
gouge, but it does do a much cleaner job of cutting the wood.
robo hippy

Sigh...I know how frustrating it can be
to have an annoying and useless waste of cash around.
Tell you what...I will give you $150 plus shipping
to take it off your hands
Regards and best wishes for the Easter Holiday.
Dave Mundt