Chris Hodges

Chris Hodges wrote:

snip
Soft tone is less efficient than pearl - the more diffusing the glass

the more light it absorbs, and also the slight tint of soft tone is
caused by absorption of light. Opal is worse than pearl but better

than

coloured soft tone, clear is more efficient than any of the others

(but

of limited use of course).

limited use? I wish I could get them more easily. Theyre just as good
for light fittings where the bare bulb isnt visible, and look much
better in some types of light.

That's certainly true. I'm often unable to find what I want in
B&Q/Sainsbury's, but can nearly always get slightly unusual bulbs in a
shop near where I work. The big Asda/walmart in Bristol is sometimes
good as well, but I don't go there very often, so everything has moved
by the next time I'm in there.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk