Dan Klima

Thanks, Ron. Since I am currently running my entire shop off of (groan
loudly now) two outlets that are on the other side of my basement (hence
some very long and large extension cords), I am expecting to rewire the (OK,
wire not rewire) the basement in the very near future. So having a switched
outlet wouldn't be all that big of a deal for me to add. Hadn't really
thought about it in relation to all of my other technological gadgetry so
good point!

Having the lathe break down into bite size pieces is actually a selling
point for me. My son can help me get things down the stairs into the
basement shop, but the headstock seems to be on the heavy side. Maybe it's
not as bad as it looks.

Have you had any problems with the lathe? Just wondering about quality,
design flaws, and things that make you go "hmmmm".

Thanks for your words of wisdom!
- Dan Klima

"Ron Kolakowski" wrote in message
Dan,

There is power to the unit at all times, as indicated by the "0" on the

rpm
indicator. I've gotten used to it, and don't see any reason to put in a
switched outlet. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you were doing some rewiring,
but with all of the constantly on electronics around my house- PC's,
wireless modem, printers, etc., it hasn't occurred to me to do so.

As far as getting it down the stairs to your shop - shouldn't be a

problem.
When I picked my lathe up at woodcraft we broke down the pallet and

removed
the boxes containing the legs. The rail assembly, with headstock and
tailstock stayed on the pallet, which 3 of us lifted into the bed of my
pickup. the legs, in their separate boxes slid in next to the pallet. When

got home I unloaded the legs, took the headstock and tailstock off the

ways,
then unbolted it and moved it into my shop. My shop is right off the

garage,
so I didn't have to move anything very far, but I managed each of the
pieces by myself. A helper would be great to move things downstairs. As

far
as assembly goes, I laid the main section upside down on some cardboard,
attached the legs, then rolled it over before putting the headstock and
tailstock back in place. Managed to do that by myself also, but again, a
helper would be great!

Hope this info is of some use, and yell if there's anything else I can

tell
you.

Ron