nick smith

Agree - Fathers house has 6 bedrooms, is an irregular shape (big wall area for
the accommodation, old house, poor insulation, no wall insulation, Aga on for 6
months, and he uses about 1200 litres a year. Its generally comfortable, though
not "hot" inside.
Nick

Huge wrote:

writes:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

[29 lines snipped]

1000 litres of oil every 6 weeks does seem highly excessive.

Not particularly, in a big house in a cold late winter.

Piffle.

We have a big, exposed house and get through about 1300 litres a *year*.

Big and exposed are relative terms.

Most peole I know in similar sized houses (about the size of 3 or 4 so
called 'family' 4 bed houses) burn the same sort of fuel rates as I do.