basil

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:01:00 GMT, "al"
wrote:

Are those extenders horizontal pieces that fit directly into the radiator at
one end and the screw-fit face of the vertical heating pipe at the other
(sorry about the nomenclature, no idea what to call these bits!)?

The ones from Wickes are! The nut on the valve (I think its called 3/4
inch BSP ) which holds the current tail is passed over the new tail
which is then screwed directly to the radiator with some ptfe tape on
the thread. You then screw the nut back to the valve and thats it.
Looking at your pictures I think you probably have the right size nuts
on your valves.

Looking at the screwfix ones I cant make out how they attach.

the one at the bottom of this page looks like the Wickes ones I have;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...ves/d20/sd2762

The valves (and pipes) are quite nasty. However I'd have to drain the
system to do that wouldn't I? Think I'll just sand down and re-paint.

I agree...