RicodJour

Hopkins wrote:
I agree with RicodJour, except the part about 3 coats. You can try to
fade the touch-up into the existing paintjob by using a "dry" roller.

trained eye could find it but most people won't notice.

Typically, any paint with a sheen is impossible to perfectly

touch-up.
As you said, at an angle you'll always be able to tell. Even flat
paints can be hard to touch up if the paint has been up for some

time.
Usually lighter colors are easier -- there's not as much colorant to
fade.

What?! Someone doesn't agree with me? Where's the newsgroup
moderator....?

The only reason I go with the extra coat is due to the thinner feather
coat. Belt and suspenders, maybe, but it works for me.

I learned that trick from a 65 year old union painter. He was driven
absolutely nuts by a punchlist and an overzealous architect. The
architect set new standards in nitpicking and would attempt to get 20'
walls painted due to a couple of pencil point nicks. Half the time
someone would whip out a set of drawings and show that the blemish was
behind a file cabinet or office cubicle. Guess he was trying to make
points with someone...