Curly Sue

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:08:47 GMT, indago
wrote:

I ran an outside faucet in an old house of mine once and used 3/4" copper
and 2 gate valves, one inside, and one outside. In the winter I closed the
inside valve and opened the outside valve. In the summer I closed the
outside valve and opened the inside valve. Had no problems with freezing or
cracked valves. On the outside valve I soldered a 90 degree fitting so I
could hang a pail on it and pour water into the bucket without having to
hold it. The whole thing worked really well.

That would also work well to prevent your neighbor's contractors from
coming on your driveway to use your water instead of the neighbor's
because it's 40' closer. :

Sue(tm)