Harry K

Mike wrote:
The reason for the electrial change, (if i go with the bladder tank)

is
because
the pressure swicth is on top of the tank right now. The bladder tank

setup
has
the pressure switch just off the floor. I will need to run a new line

down
to the floor.
Not a big problem.

The plumbing change is because my (non-bladder tank.) has a pipe

going in on
one side,
and a pipe coming out on the opposite side. With the bladder tank, I

must
install a brass tee
(not included with the tank) into the bottom of the bladder tank, the

detour
the in and out
water pipes into the tee. Also I need a pressure relief valve. When

it's all
added up,
it gets a little expensive to make the detour with the exsisting

plumbing.

Mike.

Kinda hard to see the set up here but it sounds like you are doing more
than necessary.

I would tie the in/out pipes together with a galv (or copper) T. Then
run from the T to the fitting that comes with the tank (or at least
mine did). Of course tank location might make that impossible.
The PRV valve should go on the hot-water heater, never saw one on a
pressure tank.

Harry K