The Natural Philosopher

Nick Atty wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:36:28 GMT, "Bob Minchin"
wrote:

You can get tile adhesive designed to tile onto wood which is tolerant of
substrate movement.
It aint cheap though. I've just done a bathroom floor and the adhesive &
grout cost more than the tiles.

I (on others' recommendation) have used cork tile adhesive to fix
ceramic tiles onto plywood in a narrow boat. This is on a "more than
vertical" surface, and prone to vibration, flexing etc. They've stayed
there for years.

Ive used car body filler to fix tiles that came off wood surfaces.

But mostly with decent adhesive, they don't come off.

Done lots of tiling over wood.

Flexible floor tile adhesive in a thickish bed works fine.