The Natural Philosopher

dave @ stejonda wrote:

Having been prevented by my NHS employer from parking in the empty staff
car park at night (this change of policy clearly being part of their
strategy to improve staff retention) I have taken to parking in side
streets. Unfortunately representatives of the local pond-life last night
chose to exercise their rights of freedom of expression by making two
holes either side of the lock in the passenger door in order to check
that I'm not so stupid as to leave the front panel of the radio/cd
anywhere in the car when I park it.

I've been quoted GBP200 for effecting a repair to the door - this on a
1994 Peugeot 106 is probably as much as / more than the car is worth. (I
have fully comp' insurance but claiming would be crazy.) Thus I have
wondered whether patching up the holes with a 'plastic metal' type of
product and applying some touch-up paint would be effective (the lock &
door still work) or whether I'd just be being a crazy cheapskate.

Do it.

Plastic paddin, liquid metal,. rub down, and spray over the holes, then
a bit of T-cut and she's as good as new.

New peugot, anyway ;-)