CJT

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Can anyone offer some insight into this? A server has 2 redundant power
supplies. After soft shutdown it won't boot again unless the PSUs are
alternately switched on and off several times. (All power comes on but no
sign of CPU life.) After that it runs fine on either supply.

I replaced the hot-swap chassis that switches between the supplies. No
effect.

Turning it off again could be risky so I need specific ideas before I
attempt that. I have some ideas but I need as many as possible so I can do
a lot of tests at once.

Of course there are backups, but the hard drives are ok anyway, and there's
no place to restore the data to if the server won't boot.

Does it have fan sensors that lock it out if they don't spin? Or might
the boot drive be spinning up too slowly?

What I'm driving at is something (probably mechanical) that's not
responding in time.

Is the "power good" signal coming up?