Mary Fisher

Default Different honeys

"Dev Null" wrote in message

On the whole I agree with Mary Fisher - she has identified precisely
the What and Why and When And How and Where and Who of her site and
its audience - things that many Information Architects, Web
"designers" and Knowledge Managers signally fail to do. I would
counsel leaving that part of the site well alone.

That's very kind. I don't like many of the sites I see, too much colour,
movement, noise, pictures ... it seems that if it *can* be done designers
*will* do it. I worked on the KISS system - partly through ignorance
-) -when I 'designed' my site. I still haven't mastered Dreamweaver but I
enjoy learning new skills more than anything else so am prepared to be
guided. At the moment a grandson (of course!) answers any questions I ask.

It is obvious that there is much to be learned about these artifacts
and their uses and history. I wonder if a set of illustrated pages,
not necessarily aimed at selling your wares, would be a useful
addition to the web

I had wondered about that but don't know how to go about it. At the moment
all the pictures are stored in My Pictures folder, carefully classified for
easy retrieval. Not that I need to retrieve them often. It's mostly so that
Spouse can be reminded of previous work and specifications.

- there's so much dross and inaccurate
cut'n'pasted repetition that truly original material is a welcome
discovery.

I know ... to say that I distrust all websites is not true, there are some
excellent ones. But you have to sift them from the rest. I don't think
that's peculiar to websites though, I have a lot to do with bee book
publishing and know that plagiarism is the rule rather than the exception
there as it probably is in much hobby literature. My publisher always says
that there are only two good books on beekeeping, they're both out of print.
And he makes his living from publishing bee books! Being on the inside, like
you in your discipline, he knows ...

And if you do ... please include the bees!

LOL! I don't have the facility for close up photography and there are some
excellent professional shots of them anyway. As for hives and beekeepers,
well one set of hives looks much like another set, beekeepers mostly look
the same too when they're dressed in their 'My God They've Landed' suits ...

I do have one or two pictures of me with honey and candles but I think
they're uninspiring. They were taken by my photographer boss when I did have
the idea that p.r.o. pictures might be useful. They weren't. The only ones
publicity people do want, to put in event leaflets and the like, are those
of us in period clothing. And no bees.

Thank you for your comments.

Mary

DN