zukecanoe

Default How to bend 1/8" plate for waterwheel buckets?

I am gearing up for building a 14' metal overshot waterwheel {Fitz
replica}, but am quite befuddled about how to bend the buckets. I
would like to use 1/8" plate but don't know how bend anything that
thick with home shop tools. Each bucket starts as 1/8" plate 30"
wide by 19-3/16" tall; about a 3-7/16" up from the bottom end is a
90 degree bend forming the "heel" of the bucket. From the 90 degree
bend up to the top is a curve of about 20" radius. Since I am
beginning this project without much experience or knowledge of
metalworking, I will appreciate any help provided.

zukecanoe