Jim Behning

I have installed dropped ceilings where the customer originally
planned on 2x2 light fixture but balked at the fixture and bulb price.
You may need to go to a real lighting store to get the 2x2 or else
special order from the chain store.

http://www.brite-lite.com/Products/c_series.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ixture&spell=1

Brian Elfert wrote:

Rick Stein writes:

I just installed 8' flourescent fixtures in my new shop - electronic
balasts, each with 4, 4' T-8 bulbs. They fixtures are quiet, start up in
the cold, and according to the seller, the new T-8 bulbs last far longer
than the older bulbs. Also, they have more light output. Inexpensive
fixtures as well. . .

I am finding the fixtures with electronic ballasts seem to cost about 20%
more or so if you are looking at decent fixtures.

Nothing compares pricewise with the $10 shop lights you can find, but
those are generally junk. Home Depot does have a $8 shop light with
electronic ballast, but I am sure it is junk.

I bought three 2x4 troffer fixtures with electronic ballasts at Lowes, but
I can't find 2x2 troffer fixtures with electronic ballasts at any home
imporovement or home lighting store.

Brian Elfert