Harry Everhart

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Hi Edwin -
I guess I have too much time and money on my hands :-)
I am retired.
I bought a house about 90 feet long with two water heaters - one on each
end. They are each 50 gallons each. All the pipes are in the slab.
My problems -
1. I must wait 90 seconds before I have hot water in the bathrooms -
they are served by a water heater 90 feet away through a 3/4 copper
buried in the slab.
2. I am keeping 100 gallons of water heated for two people - in one day
- we each shower at about 10 AM - then do one load of laundry at 11 AM -
then do a load of dishes at 6 PM. That's it.
3. The second 50 gallon water heater - which is next to the bathroom -
serves one thing - a clothes washer - isn't that stupid?
Everything works fine. I just want to correct those problems.
You will thing I am really nuts when I tell you I have a 20 x 40 x 8
swimming pool and a hot tub - heated by a 400,000 BTU gas heater.
Long story - they were in the house when we bought it.
Harry