PaulJ

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:44:30 GMT, "Mike Mike"
wrote:

I am re-roofing and have covered the whole roof with 30# tar paper and
shingled one side of the house.
Yesterday we got a LOT of rain and I had 3-4 leaks on the side of the house
only covered in tar paper. 2 of them was pretty bad and left big spots on
the ceiling.
Should I worry about this and try and find where it was leaking or will the
shingles take care of the leaks when I get them up?

Regards
Mike

I'd fire the installer. It shouldn't leak at all.
He probably did a very poor job. Probably not enough nails and
washers.

But if there was a strong wind, that might explain the leaks.

"Felt shall be fastened down with enough nails or staples to hold it
down until the shingles can be applied. Aluminum caps may be used only
if aluminum nails are used. "