In article , Lobster davidlobst
writes
mike ring wrote:
Lobster wrote in
:

It looks perfectly good, but I understand that cement has a short
shelf life, even if kept warm amd dry; however mine looks perfect.

Aren't you thinking of plaster?

No, Supamix dry mortar mix.

The bag says store in a dry place, which I have, but no mention at all of a
shelf life or use by date.

What I meant was, it's well known and indisputable that plaster has a
short shelf life, cos old stuff goes off far too quickly when you try to
use it - I, for one, had never heard that cement has similar properties
so I just wondered if you were confusing the two.

David

you can sort old plaster out with Tartaric acid, cement airsets which
doesn't necessarily mean big lumps but it can become inactive, the
effect is opposite to plaster.
--
David