Doug Miller

In article , Brian Elfert wrote:
I am going to install new flourescent lights in my shop. Do electronic
ballasts really have no hum like I read somewhere.

Any reason to choose electronic ballasts over magnetic besides noise?

My shop lights have magnetic ballasts. I can't hear them over the noise of the
dust collector, or through my ear protectors even if there are no power tools
running.

As others have noted, there are good reasons for using electronic ballasts,
but IMO the noise level of magnetic ballasts is not an important consideration
in a shop.

--
Regards,