Dev Null

Default Different honeys

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:10:31 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Good Morning!

Ah, but how many other sites in UK - or anywhere - offer what we do? When
you're unique and people have been searching for what you offer they'll jump
through any hoop - and enjoy it.

I've been following this thread with some attention, and have learned
many new things about the way of bees for which I thank you!

I've been involved with the web since it crept out of CERN - initially
as an information resource and laterly as a marketing and transaction
medium. I had great hopes of it in the early years but have now come
to view it with a deal of scepticism, although still deriving my main
income from it!

On the whole I agree with Mary Fisher - she has identified precisely
the What and Why and When And How and Where and Who of her site and
its audience - things that many Information Architects, Web
"designers" and Knowledge Managers signally fail to do. I would
counsel leaving that part of the site well alone.

It is obvious that there is much to be learned about these artifacts
and their uses and history. I wonder if a set of illustrated pages,
not necessarily aimed at selling your wares, would be a useful
addition to the web - there's so much dross and inaccurate
cut'n'pasted repetition that truly original material is a welcome
discovery. And if you do ... please include the bees!

DN