"Bushy Pete" skrev i en meddelelse
Top of the range is using dry ice as the grit for blasting out ovens and

cookwear on site and there is no residue other than the old carbon that

has
already been blown away. Totally food safe, and all you need is a
compressor, a sandblaster attachment and a container of dry ice crystals.

I have tried this on some old packaging machines for food products.... This
kicked some serious *ss and wasnt nearly as messy as sandblasting would have
been.. The dry ice blasting didnt leave a scratch on the stainless steel
surfaces, but it might damage the aluminum pans...

Normally I'd suggest ammonia or sodium hydroxide for this type of cleaning,
but that would work too well on aluminum ( sodium hydroxide can corrode
aluminum )

Another trick that might be worth looking into is liquid nitrogen... I have
seen it used on food processing equipment.. Freeze the object to be cleaned
and brush off the dirt...

Otoh.. I might be more cost effective just replacing the pans..

/peter