TKM

"Ed" wrote in message
We are thinking about changing the house. We have been looking in the area
we are interested and have not found the house we really like. Some of
them we looked were close to what we want but there are some small thing
in each that we did not like. Now we are investigating about building.

Without having a lot yet, how can we find out if building a house cost
about the same, a little more/less, or a lot more/less.? Whom should we
talk to or what should we read for the estimate?

Thanks

When we looked into the buy/build situation a few years ago, the book,
"Houses are Designed by Geniuses and Built by Gorillas: An Insider's Guide
to Designing and Building a Home" by Bob Johnson was a great resource.

Figuring out the cost difference is the least of your problems.

TKM