G Henslee

Mike Mike wrote:
I am re-roofing and have covered the whole roof with 30# tar paper and
shingled one side of the house.
Yesterday we got a LOT of rain and I had 3-4 leaks on the side of the house
only covered in tar paper. 2 of them was pretty bad and left big spots on
the ceiling.
Should I worry about this and try and find where it was leaking or will the
shingles take care of the leaks when I get them up?

Regards
Mike

Mike Mike,

I would suspect it leaked primarily due to the fact it's just the paper
covering it. Could be the wind lifted it some, or even tore the paper,
etc. Check around roof jacks, valleys, etc. is the ridge covered?
Actually is the entire roof covered 100% completely? Basically just
look around up there for the obvious.