Anna Kettle

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:44:57 -0000, "Tim Smith"
wrote:

Is there anything I can do to secure the plaster to hte laths again ? Is an
alternative to fix plasterboard over the whole ceiling ? Again I dont really
want to resort to taking teh whole ceiling down. What is the correct way to
do this ?

The _correct_ way to do it is the way it was done before, but that
requires a new head cos the words bonding and plasterboard go out the
window to be replaced by lime mortar and goat hair

The materials might be trickier to locate (where are you?) but if you
can do modern plastering then the technique is easy enough and lime
mortar sets slowly so you don't need to feel rushed. If you want to go
that route then I'll explain in more detail

Even if you use modern materials I would add some short strands of
fibre to give tensile strength; hair, fibreglass, string, straw or
whatever

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642