Mike

The reason they did not install snifter valves, is because they knew I had a
big air compressor
and I always had trouble with the air float switch in my tank not working. I
replaced that
air float valve so many times I gave up. The rust and sulphur from the water
in the tank
caused it to fail within a year af being installed. I just air charged the
tank as needed.
The pump guys knew this, so they left out the snifters, and said this was
now good for
either tank setup.. You are correct in saying that I must add air to the
tank. I drain the tank
and add air twice a year (I should do it more often) or the tank gets
waterlogged,
and the pump runs for a long time.

Mike