Harry K

Mike wrote:
I have a Submersible well pump (outside the house) with a

conventional
pressure tank
located in my basement (non-bladder tank). My pressure tank rots

through
about every ten years due
to corrosive sulphur in my well water (terrible rotten egg smell).
The guys who replaced my well pump told me that the next time I need

replace
the pressure tank, that I could go with abladder tank. the water is

in a
rubber bag, and will not touch
the metal (thus no rotted out tank). They also told me that because a

bladder tank is not air-over-water,
that the lack of oxygen on the sulphur water, will make the sulphur

smell
even worse than before,
they said I will have to think about the pros and cons of the whole
situation.

They told me that in order to be able to use a bladder tank if I want

later,
that when they installed the new pump, they did not reinstall the

bleeder
orfrices
(sniffters) the only thing above the pump itself is the check valve.

snip

If they did not install snifter valves or some method of automatically
adding air to the tank, you will have to constantly, i.e., about every
week, drain the tank to get air back into it. I can't believe that any
pump person would do such a bone-headed thing.

Olaf gave a good reply to the remainder.

Harry K