John Rumm

For example, a Safeway supermarket near to me was acquired by
Morrisons.

All Safeway supermarkets were acquired by Morrisons. They didn't
acquire it just because it was near you. I know that's not what you
meant but the fact that you phrase it in that way is typical of your
egocentric nature. Everything's got to be about you. Anyone else
would have said, " When Morrisons took over the local Safeway..."

Since I doubt Andy has visited every Morisons / Safeway branch in the
country, do you think it would have been better if he had made a
sweeping statement about the whole organisation instead? To talk about
your local branch (i.e. the one you have personal experience of) seems
far more reasonable than to extrapolate to the whole organisation.

On their home territory, Morrisons has a very extensive range of ethnic
foods - more extensive than the other three majors - and as for a

So? the comment was about one branch.

"broad variety of items from all around the world", you're more likely
to find esoteric brands and items in Morrisons than the others. So
they clearly haven't imported this policy as you claim. It's just

Perhaps they just made it up in isolation based on a stereotype of the
area? What do you think?

another example of you presenting your ill-informed opinion as fact.

Since you have probably never been to the branch that Andy was referring
to I can only suspect that your opinion in this case is more likely to
be ill-informed. Again remember the comment was about one branch.

Poor old John Rumm. After all the trouble he went to adding a

No so much of the old please ;-)

cheap/expensive power tool section to the FAQ following our little
ding-dong on the Erbauer thread, I thought you might have engaged in a

Sorry don't really see the connection....

Andy's description of the market economics and distribution models does
however closely match what I wrote in the proposed FAQ section. I did
not see you taking issue with the concepts I expressed there, so why here?

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |