Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Pete C wrote:
I expect the Chinese have developed their own tooling, and are just
manufacturing what their customers (DIY chains, catalogue shops etc)
want, which is tools that are cheap but passably good.

Yes, but perhaps the majority are either impulse buys, or bought as
presents. And at the cheaper end, the majority of decent DIYers - IMHO -
will find them sadly lacking. If they persevere with them. I've lost count
of how many 'budget' tools I've bought only to replace them with decent
ones - after discovering just how useful a 'proper' one can be. Jigsaw,
router, compound mitre saw, cordless drill spring to mind.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.