Michael Black

"Michael A. Terrell" ) writes:
wrote:

I'm looking for this IC to repair an Exacto-Weigh scale controller. I
have not found a place that will sell 1 of them to me, they all have
huge minimums and for a $5 part way too much to buy.

Does anybody know a place I can get it?

Is this a 40 pin Hitachi chip? If so it is probably a second source
Motorola 6821. This are still available from several dealers and used
ones show up on old computer boards.

Just as a second opinion, that would be my guess based on the part number.
The "HD" is what Hitachi used, and they did have Motorola originated
ICs in their catalog, and for reasons unknown they changed the "8" to
a "3" for their part numbers in the 68XX line.

Michael