PaulJ

Default Washing Machine Discharge Pump Removal

I have a 7 year old washing machine that has sprung a leak. I've
traced it to the water discharge pump on top of the motor. I've found
the part on the internet and suspect the seal around the motor shaft
is probably leaking.:

Frighdaire Crown Series Washing Machine Model
F21C645CT0 Serial XC51079479
Pump
or washing machine discharge pump on top of motor.
http://www.repairclinic.com/0007.asp
$51.35 with shipping.

My current problem is that I can't get the thing off the motor. I
removed the two spring type retainer clips and pulled but it doesn't
want to come off. I'm wondering if there is something else holding
it on.

PJ