Colbyt

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message

They also showed me coils of copper tubing - in K and L category. What
is the difference in K and L copper tubing? It is more expensive than
CPVC - but you would have only one coupling overhead - not like the CPVC.

I have used the PVC/CPVC. I prefer copper. The plastic pipe needs
expansion room.

I'm not sure about the K and L ratings on the copper tubing. I do know that
a lot of copper tubing sold is rated "not for potable water". The reason is
lead contamination. I think that is the difference. It may also refer to the
thickness of the pipe walls.

The number of joints should not be a consider for durability. Once sweated
they are as strong as the pipe. Ease of installation might be a
consideration.

I just did an attic run in a house I own. I used copper, enclosed it in the
best foam pipe insulation I could find and covered it with 10" of
insulation. The problem with pipe in the attic is not caused by the
temperature but by the wind chill that reaches the pipe. Tradition
fiberglass does not block blown air hence the use of the foam insulation.
Cellulose is a tad better for blown air but then you have the corrosive
effect of the chemicals used to treat it

Best wishes

Colbyt