Capitol

On their home territory, Morrisons has a very extensive range of ethnic
foods - more extensive than the other three majors.

I can only believe that you haven't shopped in any of the three quality
supermarkets. I've experienced Morrisons on their home territory, and,
based on that knowledge, sold my Safeway/Morrisons shares immediately
the takeover was completed. It seems to have been a wise decision!

The folly of the takeover is now becoming apparent to the city, with a
new owner being mooted by bankers.

The "only sells pies" comment is interesting, as it was also made on
another newsgroup by a number of different posters. My local
Safeway/Morrisons minishop now has much lower quality standards of fresh
fruit and vegetables IME.

Asda are also beginning to suffer AIUI, because some of their grocery
products are being cost reduced(Walmarted?) to the point where the
customers don't buy them twice!

Aldi/Lidl IME have some excellent very low cost products and some crap
ones. Discrimination by virtue of experience seems to work well. My
local Lidl is always overrun by customers whenever I go there, so
something is attracting them.

(Just had a thought, maybe IMM is running coach trips for his admirers,
to buy low cost products?)

Regards
Capitol