bof

In message , Tim Smith
writes
Hi

Ive got two questions really.

Firstly, we have a small (2.5' by 2.5') ceiling at approximately 45deg over
the stairs between the horizontal downstairs ceiling and the vertical wall
of the stairwell. The plaster on this bit of ceiling was completely shot
falling off. Underneath are the wooden slats attached to three joists.

Since Im not too bad at plastering now (did a course near Bedford and plenty
of practice) I tried to replaster this with the normal sand/cement mix
undercoat. Of course I had great difficulty in getting much of this to stay
in place.

I've replastered lathe ceilings using normal undercoat plaster and it
seems to stick fine, I tended to squidge it on so that some was forced
between the lathes, which I'd guess helped it stay in place, try using
undercoat plaster instead of the sand and cement.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk